Thursday, October 17, 2013

Prunes, Pasta and Zumba!

Have you ever gone to a Zumba class?  I had not before tonight.  But it was so much fun!  Even better the four of us got to do it as a whole family at Beechview's Family Fun and Fitness Night to kick off the Fun Run festivities tomorrow.  Mikayla especially loved shaking her groove thing.  And I'm sure that I looked like a complete moron doing it, but it was a blast!

In other news, it's National Four Prune Day (I have no idea why four...) and yesterday Mikayla and I made an old fashioned prune cake for me to take and share at my MOPS meeting today.  All I can say is that it smelled like Christmas to me.  It got rave reviews all around, especially from the Bean who ate two pieces.

It's also National Pasta Day and I made Pasta E Fagoli soup a la Olive Garden in my crock pot.  (Again, the Bean helped me prep it yesterday)  I ended up making it with lots of extra pasta and my entire family scarfed it down before we headed off to Beechview tonight.  Who needs Olive Garden anyway ;-)

Super excited for Fun Run tomorrow!  Kayla and I going to be at school for a good chunk of the day helping and cheering on Noah when he runs.  Thanks to all that sponsored Noah!  Hopefully I'll get some good pictures tomorrow.

Chocolate cupcakes and Fun Run tomorrow, should be a great day!  Until then....


Old-Fashioned Prune Cake


 Mikayla helped me prep up the chocolate cupcakes after she got home from school today

 Chocolate surprise cupcakes, hmmmm....

 Pasta E Fagoli

 Zumba!












No comments:

Post a Comment