Thursday, October 3, 2013

Custard's Last Stand

So we just got home from Musical Story time.  It was so good to see some of our favorite librarians at the downtown branch as we haven't been there in quite some time.  The story time schedule changed there during the day and the only pre-school story time is when Kayla is in school.  Bummer.  But they are starting up some more events in the evening (including musical ST every Thursday night this month!) so that will be nice.

I have to say, though, that I hope that I never ever turn into one of those Moms who doesn't participate in something like story time with my kids just because I am afraid of looking goofy.  Tonight at story time they had a musical dance break to the song "Gummi Bear" and Kayla and I sent nuts.  We were rocking out, jumping around, shaking our butts, just having fun.  The song wraps up and the Mom next to me says "You know, they (pointing at the librarians) are paid to act like that.  You should probably just stick to the privacy of your own house for the silliness."  SERIOUSLY!?!?!  So sorry that you apparently don't know how to have fun with your kids! (this from the mom who didn't stand up to participate the entire event)   And I'd say it takes some major balls to criticize.  What does she care how I look?  Some people!

In other news...

Happy National Chili Week!  We celebrated with Chili Pot Pie here tonight for dinner.  And Happy National Caramel Custard Day.  The caramel sauce part of my custard ended up getting stuck in the bottom of the custard cups (oops) but the custards themselves were excellent nonetheless.  Noah especially enjoyed it.  Next time I'll learn my lesson and use an actual custard cup as opposed to something with a rounded bottom.

I also tackled another organization obstacle today (the wrapping paper closet, ugh!) and had a fabulous MOPS meeting.  We had a speaker this morning and her presentation gave me a lot to think about.  Kayla had a good day at school (they talked about apple cores today and she painted a cute apple then used her finger prints to make the seeds inside) and Noah is apparently becoming the budding artist.  He made an envelope out of paper at school, decorated it and then is bringing me personal pieces of his artwork home every day.  (I miss him, too!) Today I got a bumble bee which I adore and hung up immediately.

Alright, off to catch Grey's this evening and make some cinnamon roll cookies I'm thinking. Homemade cinnamon rolls are already in the fridge awaiting some baking for breakfast in the morning and the kiddos are really excited about walking tacos for dinner tomorrow night.  Grant's excited about strawberry screwdrivers (Tomorrow is National Taco Day, National Vodka Day and National Cinnamon Roll day in Sweden (Grant's family is Swedish, my family loves cinnamon rolls, we're celebrating) in case you couldn't tell from all that)  Plus Kayla and I are off to story time in the morning and we're all keeping our fingers and toes crossed for the Tigers to play well against the A's tomorrow night.  So until then...

Chili Pot Pie

 Caramel Custard

 Rocking out at Musical Story Time


No comments:

Post a Comment