Monday, October 21, 2013

Cheesecake with Friends

So a few weeks ago on Facebook one of my friends from MOPS asked me if we were celebrating National Taco Day.  I told her, of course! and then explained how and that it was also National Vodka Day.  A few of the others from my group joined the thread and at some point I posted the link to the site I use that lists all the food holidays and before I knew it my friends were wanting to be 'adopted' on certain days.

You know me, I started taking notes ;-)  I mean, if we're going to be celebrating these things anyway I am more than happy to share the wealth with those in my life that care for me in spite of the goofy things I do like celebrate every National Food holiday for a year.

Then two people asked to be 'adopted' on pumpkin cheesecake day, which gave me an idea - why not throw a cheesecake party!  I invited my whole MOPS group and their families and extended the invitation to some other friends in the area to head over tonight and join us for some cheesecake.

And I'm happy to say that even though the weather is dreary (a night to stay cuddled up inside with a good book for sure!) and it's a Monday night some of them took me up on it.  We had a nice little get together here tonight to feast on pumpkin cheesecake.

And this is a thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who came by.  It has been so long since I have had the opportunity to play hostess to a crowd which is something I truly enjoy.  And I loved being able to share my silly little project with you all.

Of these two beautiful cheesecakes there is literally only a sliver left of one tonight (Layered on the left, marbled on the right)

 Side shot of the marbled cheesecake.  I took it out of the springform pan this afternoon with Kayla standing there and I asked her to say a prayer that it didn't stick.  Next thing I know I hear "Please Jesus, let Mama's cheesecake come out safely."  The child cracks me up

 Speaking of Mikayla, she was a HUGE help today getting ready.  She color stacked (in a pattern, as she was quick to point out) the cups and napkins, loaded up the cooler and organized the forks and plates.  And before anyone worries about her stacking the cups and plates on the floor I hate literally JUST finished hand mopping the floor - I promise it was clean)

 Building towers after school today

 It's also National Caramel Apple Day so the Bean and I made caramel apple cookies for tonight as well

And if that wasn't enough, it's also International Day of the Nacho so we had Nacho Chicken Casserole for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment