Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gumbo Ya Know

We are currently on pins and needles here at the Gatchel's, so this'll probably be brief.  At the beginning of the fourth quarter as I type, Michigan is up 27-24 over Penn State.  And the Tigers open against Boston in about half an hour.  Epic sports night here as Casa de Gatchel.

In the meantime, regardless of the outcome of both games (though let's be honest, I will be a much happier girl if both my teams come through tonight) we've had a great day!  We had a low key morning of french toast, baths and working on some number and letter games.  Then we left here shortly before noon to head to the Toledo Zoo to catch up with my parents for a bit.  And the weather was BEAUTIFUL!  What a fabulous day to go and visit the elephants, hippos, giant crocodile and polar bears!  And see Grandma and Papa, of course :)  They also got cow bells from BG which they promised (hahahahahaha) they would ONLY ring when Michigan or the Tigers scored.  (Mom and Dad, I apologize for all the crap I did as a kid.  Lesson learned, no more bells, kay? ;-) )

We made it back here just in time for the start of the game and to celebrate National Gumbo Day!  I had put our chicken and sausage gumbo in the crock pot beofre we left and we were all drooling walking in the door from the aroma.  The kiddos had okra for the first time, which Mikayla loved.  (Penn just missed FG attempt, phew!)  We're now munching on some popcorn, hoping and praying :)

MICHIGAN TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what tomorrow looks like other than we're going to have a traditional Sunday English dinner of Roast with Yorkshire Pudding.  I think I may have to make a trip tomorrow to Doc's candy store as well, since rumor has it that we're doing chocolate covered insects on Monday!  Never a dull moment around here, I swear.  GO BLUE!!!  GO Tigers!!

Working with Daddy on mazes, letters and numbers this morning while I chopped and prepped our gumbo

 Baby Lucas



Happy National Gumbo Day

No comments:

Post a Comment