Saturday, October 19, 2013

How Sweet It Is

Happy Sweetest Day dear readers of mine :)  I hope that your day has been as sweet as our has!  It's been dreary and rainy here for a good chunk of the day but that hasn't stopped us.  Grant and the kids had fun with some fall crafts this morning while I braved the rain and cold to stock up on groceries for the week this morning.  I was quickly reminded how much I dislike shopping on Saturday mornings and it made me miss my time shopping with Kayla.

Then it was back here for some lunch, a trip for the kiddos to see Clifford at the library and a whole lotta laundry, a mud rum to clean and some cheesecake baking for me.  We're having a National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day party here on Monday night and in order to give them sufficient time to chill, since I'll be at the Lions game all day tomorrow (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I decided to get them made today.  Oh my gosh, I can't wait to try them out!  I made two different kinds - a pumpkin layered cheesecake and a marble swirl pumpkin cheesecake.  I've included a picture sneak peak.

Then we cheered on our wonderful Wolverines (Blue for the win today!) while feasting on our celebratory food today - seafood bisque!  You would think, with a three and five year old, that this might not be the easiest meal to manage, but I have learned through this project that my twosome adore seafood.  Mikayla especially - her bowl was empty long before anyone else finished dinner.  Apparently crab, clams and mini shrimp is the way to Kayla's heart.

Oh, also forgot to mention earlier, it's National Oatmeal Muffin Day as well.  I made some really scrumptious oatmeal pumpkin muffins for breakfast this morning.

And now, we're wrapping up our day with the Toy Story Halloween Special here in just a few minutes and some ice cream as a special Sweetest Day Treat.  Oh, and of course the Tigers tonight, too.

Off to the game tomorrow!  So excited!  Not sure if I'm going to take my camera or not, might let Grant have it as I heard a rumor that they are heading to one of our favorite events of the whole year - the Pumpkin Palooza in Plymouth!  So until then...
 
Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffin


 Pumpkin Cheesecake Sneak Peak

 Rumor has it Iron Man and Ariel might be making an appearance tomorrow

 Noah made me a bat today!

 And they both helped Grant make this really cute monster box (which I am considering turn into a tattle monster...)

 Seafood Bisque

 This Mama apparently didn't learn her lesson last week and let them dig out the bells again this week for the game

Special Ice Cream for the Toy Story Halloween show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment