Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fluffer Nutter, Pierogi and Tigers, OH MY!

The game is on.  It is tied at 3.  Leyland just decided to pull our starter and put in Max Scherzer (our ace) as relief.  I am not sure how I feel about all this, but I apologize for the probable distracted nature of this post in advance :-p

As I mentioned last night, today is a big day around here on plenty of levels.

Noah had his first field trip today.  His class went to Heritage Park to the Nature Center to learn about trees, have a picnic lunch and play on the playground for awhile.  He said they had a good time and they had beautiful weather for it.

(Crap, Oakland just scored.)

Even better, it's National Peirogi Day!  If you know my family you know this is pretty much the end all be all of food celebrations.  I even feel a bit guilty about celebrating without my Dad (I invited him up!) but I have promised to save him some when he and my Mom come in on Saturday.

Over the weekend I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to make my own this time as I was out of semolina flour and sometimes have trouble tracking it down around here (I usually order it online from the same place we get our coffee).  I told Grant that I was thinking of just hitting a local Polish place here that makes them and he looked at me like I'd grown horns and a tail.  Like how dare I suggest not making them myself?!?!?!  OK then, at least I know I'm appreciated/known for something!

(We made it out of the inning without any more blood letting. Deep breath, let's get it back together boys)

Anyway, I made my pierogi today much to the excitement of everyone here.  We feasted on potato, cheese and bacon this time.

It's also National Fluffer Nutter Day.  If you're not familiar - a fluffer nutter sandwich is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.  I turned them into dessert, though and made mini fluffer nutter bites.  They are gone - need I say any more?

In the meantime, I accomplished my organizing task for the day, did 6 loads of laundry, met up with Jen for awhile this morning and got a couple of hours in at the office.

HOME RUN VICTOR MARTINEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I need to wrap this up and actually enjoy the game.  (Crap, the HR is under review now)  Moldy cheese and sub sandwiches tomorrow!  And Kayla and I in Kid Kitchen!  Until then...

(GO TIGERS!)


I worked on the state project for awhile last night - I have officially gotten travel packets from all the states!

 And for those of you who think I'm on top of things and organized - we've already started getting mail for the state project!

(They just said the HR counts - WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!)

 This is how Kayla eats her Lucky Charms

 Organized cupboard, yes please!

 Pierogi in progress

 Ready for a boiling, frying and a happy husband to devour

 Fluffer Nutter Bites!

 Noah made a bird out of construction paper when he got home - it even had a place in the back for his finger so he could make it 'fly'

 Dinner at the Gatchel'!

The inside of the fluffer nutter bites

No comments:

Post a Comment