Friday, January 11, 2013

Got Milk?

 We go through a lot of milk around here at the Gatchel's.  At least two gallons a week of yummy whole milk.  What a perfect food for us to celebrate today.  And in honor of how much we enjoy milk I wanted to find just a little something extra to celebrate the day with.

So in my search I stumbled across a link that described milk painting.  Condensed milk, a little bit of food coloring and a whole lot of imagination.  My kiddos loved it!  I was so thrilled with how vivid and shiny the milk paint was, too.  I was a little bummed that I didn't make some artwork with it too when all was said and done.

We've had our milk and cookies today (oreos, of course) to celebrate but it didn't seem like quite enough.  So right now all four of us our watching "The Sandlot" together (wish you were here, too, Aunt Sarah!) and sipping down some frothy vanilla milkshakes.  What could possibly be better?

Big plans tomorrow - trust me that you'll want to check in on us :)  Until then...

Mikayla sporting braided pigtails today

 I'm trying, Sarah, promise...

 Milk painting!

 Look how bright the colors turned out to be!

 My little artist

 Noah's milk creation

 Kayla's milk painting

 Some bubble bath fun after dinner


 Do you feel like a milkshake?  (Five points if you can name the artist that sang that lyric!)

Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Hair looks great...and I feel like that's a song from the Monkees?
    ~Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll call it three and a half points - Peter Tork song :) Yay Aunt Sarah!

      Delete