Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bittersweet Symphony

 First off, thanks for all the comments, likes, etc here and on FB about our awesome tea party earlier.  Thing 1 and Thing 2 highly enjoyed themselves which always makes for a happy Mama.  Plus who ever thought they'd see Lightning McQueen and Cinderella at the same tea party?  Not me, that's for sure!

Today's celebratory food makes me thing of music, not food.  As I've said before, I'm not the biggest chocolate fan, so perhaps that's the reason.  Today is Bittersweet Chocolate day!  Please tell me that I'm not the only one out there that instantaneously hears those oh so familiar violin riffs at the mention of the word bittersweet.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go google it ;-)

Today also made me think of my bestie, Kristina, as I searched for the perfect recipe to highlight bittersweet chocolate.  I came across countless recipes for those fun chocolate lava cakes I know she loves and just couldn't bring myself to make them without her.  So we settled for a warm chocolate pudding cake (which is honestly pretty close to the lava cake) that was a huge hit with the boys but a flop with the bean.  Apparently she's inherited her Mama's take it or leave it stance on chocolate.

Tomorrow's going to bring a great art project that uses our celebratory food (any guesses) and another fun dessert.  Until then...

Chocolate puddings pre-oven

 Cakey on the outside, melty on the inside

 Mikayla trying some

Noah digging in with both hands

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Also, does this mean we get to make chocolate lava cakes when you come visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! And I saw your post about my comment to the Meijer lady - my apologies to Lillian :-p

    ReplyDelete