Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pumpkins and Candy Canes

Gotta play catch up a little bit, but there were a lot of pictures to go through and the food holidays had to take a back seat for a few days.  So...

On December 25th - Happy National Pumpkin Pie Day.  As my fabulous brother-in-law, Dudley, was in charge or desserts for this year's Christmas celebration (which were some of the cutest things ever, I have to say!  I loved the little Santa pretzels!) I had to come up with an alternative way to celebrate Pumpkin Pie at some point during the day.  So I made a fun Pumpkin Pie Dip that we put out and snacked on with animal crackers all day.  The whipped cream was Grant's idea :)

Today...  Happy National Candy Cane Day!  Who doesn't love candy canes?  (OK, this Mom isn't wild about her kiddos having candy canes.  But that goes for pretty much any hard candy in general.  They are just too wiggly!)  But again, I didn't want to just have candy canes so instead I made some fun Candy Cane Popcorn which we broke out yesterday and today.

So in and amongst all the the chaos we managed one more celebration ;-)  Fruit cake (but not they way you're expecting) tomorrow.  Until then...

Pumpkin Pie Dip


Have you seen these?  Oh my gosh, super tasty!  And perfect to make my popcorn

Candy Cane Popcorn!

Yep, those are actual pieces of candy candy in there :)








No comments:

Post a Comment