Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Maple Madness

First things first:

Happy 19th Birthday to my brother, Scott!  (Oh my goodness does saying that make me feel ridiculously old!).  Nineteen years ago today, after totally ruining my sister Sarah's gingerbread house dreams (something I'm not sure she will ever truly forgive him for, lol) my brother joined the Kosakowski ranks, much to the delight of my Dad who FINALLY got his boy.  (Which isn't to say that he isn't thrilled with his three girls)  So proud of the person you've become, Bro!  Hope that you had a great day celebrating - can't wait to catch up with you on Saturday!

Secondly, I want to give a special gold star to my Mom and sister, Shell, today; after braving truly deplorable conditions they joined us this morning for Mikayla's Christmas program.  I know she was THRILLED to be able to share this with them.  My love to you both :)

And to wrap it up tonight, Happy National Maple Syrup Day!  Since I wasn't sure exactly how today was going to look, I found a recipe for Maple Apple Crock Pot Chicken and a make ahead Maple Syrup Salad for dinner tonight.  The crock pot recipe made my house smell awesome and everyone here (even my picky "I don't like chicken" eater) liked it.  And the salad was a huge hit - though I'm not the surprised.  It's not like I can go too wrong with cream cheese, pineapple, maple syrup, dates, walnuts and whipped cream.

I'm having to bend the rules a bit for tomorrow (more about it then), but we'll still be celebrating!  So until then...

Maple Syrup Salad

Maple Apple Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment