Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Free for All

I so needed a day like today to play catch-up.  While I'm really sad that my plans with Corinne fell through (she and I can never seem to get the timing quite right to meet it one place and she's a bit under the Ohio weather) I embraced a day here at home to tie up a lot of loose ends so that I could go to the 'Mont tomorrow and then just enjoy a few peaceful days. (Though rumor has it the Hills are going to be covered in ice starting tomorrow night and if it gets bad enough that'll mean no power here which means we might be heading back to Fremont sooner than expected...)

So I kind of ran around like a crazy person between making the house spotless, doing laundry, packing up the kiddos, getting together everything I need to take with me and prepping for our movie night.  But by 5pm, when everything was calm, the kiddos were bathed and playing their new game with Grant and dinner was cooking away in the crock pot it was so worth it.  We had a great evening (Muppet Christmas Carol!) that was the perfect low-stress hang out.  (Well other than 4 wound up kiddos but that's to be expected)  A night that wraps up with me on the couch cuddling both kiddos is always a good thing.

And of course, we managed to celebrate today!  Happy National Sangria Day and Happy National Fried Shrimp Day!  In order for the kiddos to be able to join in the fun, I made a 'virgin' sangria tonight out of grape juice, 7-up, oranges, lemons and limes.  And while I didn't fry up the shrimp we did have some yummy popcorn shrimp to go with dinner.  Can't believe there's only a few more celebratory days left this year!

Off to the 'Mont for cookies and birthday celebrating tomorrow.  Not sure how long I'll be able to hang around given the yucky weather that is supposed to be coming in, but hopefully at least long enough to frost a cookie or two :)  And the Bean is excited because it's Kiwi Day :)  Until then...

Finally got the chance to pull my map out for the State Project for the first time last night and start working on it

 Lots of citrus for my sangria

 Marinating...

 The kids had a 'see Mom' in their advent calendar today that netted them this great game - it's a HUGE Disney "I Spy" game that is played as a team.  Love it!

 The board is 6 feet long!

 Happy National Sangria Day

Happy National Fried Shrimp Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment