Monday, December 16, 2013

Covered in Chocolate

 What a busy Monday!  Given how crazy the rest of the week is going to be I was anxious to get as much done as possible today and Mikayla and I made the most of it.  Grocery shopping, making teacher treats and treats for her Christmas program tomorrow were the highlights.  For some reason it seems like there's just been one more thing to get done all day.  Even right now, as I finish up the blog I'm multi-tasking by hanging with my crew and watching the California Raisins "Claymation" Christmas special.  And while I'm looking forward to all the fun over the next few days, I'll be glad when it's this time next Tuesday night, we are all safely in Fremont on Christmas Eve, just hanging out.

Happy National Chocolate Covered Anything Day!  I know I've said before that chocoalte isn't really my thing, but this was fun for me to play with.  A couple of months ago I came across a recipe for Chocolate Hockey Pucks that instantly made me think of Grant- an Oreo cookie opened up, stuffed with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup then the whole thing is dunked in chocolate.  If that doesn't have Grant's name written all over it, I'm not sure what else might.  So I of course had to try them out today.  Also, I knew that "Prep and Landing" was on ABC tonight and figured we'd need a treat to go with that as well, so I tried my hand at Chocolate Covered Popcorn.  It turned out so well I think I'm going to make it as a gift for the MOPPET workers and for Noah's teacher.

Alright, would much rather be watching the Raisins then babbling, so I'm off for the evening.  Kayla's Christmas program tomorrow, Mom and Shell are here and we'll be celebrating maple syrup.  Until then...

Thanks for the cool outfit Grammy Caren and Papa Tom!


 Making banana bread


 Picking out the orange Mike & Ike's for snowman noses


 Snowmen and reindeer for her Christmas Program treat (she did them mostly by herself!)

 Think she was proud?

 They got mail - from Santa!

 Complete with mustaches!


 Chocolate Hockey Pucks

 Chocolate Covered Popcorn

The inside of the hockey pucks - cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment