Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Caffienated Bubbles

Well, we made it back to Farmington Hills this morning with no problems to find a warm and toasty house where all the lights worked.  Funny how something I usually take for granted could make me so happy.

The kiddos and I left the 'Mont early this morning after a quick stop at Tim Horton's for some coffee and donuts, made it back in time to unload the car before taking the Bean to school, coming back to pack Noah's lunch and get him off to the bus.  (It was Divine intervention that they had a delayed start this morning.  We totally could have made it anyway, but this made it soooo much easier.)  We all settled back into being home and were delighted when Grant made it home from work to join us.  While it's nice to get away every once in awhile, there really is no place like home.

Plus, after we skipped actually having the food yesterday I knew I was going to have to do a bang-up job today to make up for it.  So....  Happy National Carbonated Beverage with Caffeine Day! (stop laughing, I am so not making this up!)  Why it's not just National Soda (or Pop depending on where you're from) is beyond me.  I suppose there's plenty of soda without caffeine so this is just a qualifier, but still, gimme a break.  The more obvious question might be pepsi or coke which is definitely a debate I don't want to get involved in.  (I'm a pepsi girl through and through.  Seriously, it was a qualifier as to what college I was going to pick.)

Anyway, not only did we have a carbonated beverage with caffeine to drink with dinner (they all chose Cherry Coke while it was Diet Dr. Pepper for me) but we also actually had Cola Chops for dinner.  Pretty much as simple as it sounds - pork chops baked in a cola based sauce.

Though my showpiece for the day was Cherry Coke Cupcakes.  Not even going to give up any of those secrets, you'll just have to check out the pictures.

It's a continued busy week here as Kayla and I are working on a craft project with a friend and her daughter in the morning, PTA meeting tomorrow night, MOPS on Thursday and then another trip to the 'Mont with the Bean for a doctor's appointment and then Family Date Night with some friends on Friday.  Peanut Butter Fudge tomorrow!  Until then...

The crew's Carbonated Beverage with Caffeine of choice

 Cherry Coke Cupcakes (pre-frosting)

 Had to drink it out of an authentic glass

 Cola Chops

The finished Cherry Coke Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment