Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Presents! Tigers! Storytime!

This afternoon a package arrived on our doorstep from Illinois.  Grammy Caren and Papa Tom sent some great gear for the kiddos.  You have to check out Mikayla in the hat - priceless.

As I write this, Noah, Grant and I are in the midst of watching Game 1 of the World Series!  How cool to see our Tigers in action.  (Mikayla was going to be allowed to stay up late, too, but alas she's mid temper tantrum and will have to try again tomorrow night...)  Since there's no school tomorrow we told Noah he could stay up and watch at least a couple of innings.  And of course I had to make a treat to go with the game.  Check out my Tigers rice crispy treats :)  (Oh, and Dad, I tried the peanuts and the recipe = not so good.  They were over-toasted to the point of not being edible.  I'm going to try again with the oven at a lower temperature tomorrow.  We'll get it right before Sunday, promise :) )

And finally for today (as if all that wasn't enough!) the kiddos just arrived home from Halloween story time at the main branch of the library.  I love Halloween story time!  Noah and I went last year and had a blast.  I let Grant go this year for the experience (plus I wanted to watch the pre-show for the game, hehe)  The munchkins came back full of spooky stories and three different craft projects.  I love the library!

Alright, I'm off to go cheer on the Tigers!



 Noah got a marshmallow gun

 I could seriously eat her up!

 So proud of these!  Inspiration hit me on the walk home from school this morning.


















1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, Grammy Caren and Papa Tom!! What a beautiful hat - made even more lovely by the model wearing it. What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete