Thursday, October 25, 2012

Picnic and Hiking

 Today was BEAUTIFUL!  Thank you God for such a gorgeous day.  I think we topped out around 75 this afternoon and there was no way the kiddos and I were going to let such a splendid day go to waste.  So we packed up a picnic and headed to Maybury State Park.

I would have taken a bunch more pictures but unfortunately the battery died mid-outing.  After picnicing and hiking we found a playground where Mikayla played her usual fearless self by climbing up and down thing this Mama really wished she wouldn't :-p  It always makes me smile to think how opposite Thing 1 and Thing 2 are in some ways.  Noah, though I love him dearly, is afraid of his own shadow.  Mikayla, on the other hand, has no fear.  She'll do or try just about anything.  Some days I'm really not sure which of those qualities worries me more...

Alright, I'm off to catch some more of Game 2 of the series.  I think we got robbed in the second!  Oh, and Daddy, we tried the peanuts again tonight and Grant declared them "perfect"  I will definitely be bringing them with on Sunday :)  GO TIGERS!








No comments:

Post a Comment