Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Jubilation

Today has been awesome.  It seems appropriate that today's food is Cherries Jubilee because I feel quite the sense of jubilation :)

We started our morning out a little differently as Noah had an hour's delay this morning (scheduled, this will happen every month.  Silly district) so we took Kayla to school first this morning.  Noah got to see Mrs. Porto for a few minutes, so that was fun.  Then he and I came back here and met up with Jen, who then walked with us to the bus stop to drop Noah off and then she and I continued on for a stroll around the neighborhood and some girl time.  As I mentioned last night I've been having some mom struggles with both of the kiddos and it was so nice to have someone who's 'been there, done that' but still has kids about the same age to unload on, ask for advice and be reassured that 'this exact same thing happened to us.'  I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's nice to have a friend ;-)

After we got back (and I folded numerous loads of laundry) it was off to grab Kayla from school (Mrs. Porto made a point of telling me how good she'd been today, yay!) and then head out for some shopping so I could get something new for tomorrow's 'big meeting.' (Even something as simple as a first PTA meeting should be celebrated :) ) Then it was home for some lunch, jamming to some N 'Sync, more laundry and prepping for the Kennedy's to join us for dinner and playtime tonight.

I think it's pretty safe to say that both the Kennedy Crew and Gatchel clan had quite a great evening.  After a dinner of cinnamon waffles, hash browns and mini egg omelets, we of course celebrated with Cherries Jubilee.  Sad to say that we didn't have much luck actually setting it on fire though the kids were impressed at the little flames we did make.  Then the kids had quite the time playing together for awhile.  You'll have to see the pictures to see just how much fun they had!

Also, have to mention that the Kennedy kids are awesome.  I forgot to say the other day that on Saturday my very favorite moment of the whole day was when Mikayla's balloon blew away at the festival and Jonathan so sweetly told her she could have his.  Or today watching Hannah (who in 2nd grade is the oldest of all the kiddos) hang out and actually play with Kayla and read to her.  And letting Noah and Jonathan run crazy and know they were having an absolute blast.  They were both polite and thankful tonight - they are definitely welcome at my house anytime

My kiddos are now tucked into bed (sufficiently exhausted!) and I can't stop grinning like a Cheshire cat.  Tuesday's are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.  Tonight I am thankful for the gift of friends both for myself and my kiddos.

Tomorrow Kayla and I are going craft shopping in the morning (couple of projects I want to tackle and I want to start gathering stuff for the State Project.  Plus I am in need of picture frames and I think a trip to Ikea is in order...)  Then it's the first PTA meeting tomorrow night!  Call me a geek, but I'm excited.  It's also Crab Newburg day.  Should be interesting!  Until then...

 Kayla practicing her dance moves at lunchtime

 Trying to light our Cherries Jubilee

 At least it tasted good!

 All the kiddos enjoying dessert

 This person suddenly tore through my kitchen


 Jonathan, Noah, Mikayla and Hannah strike their best super hero poses (I <3 these kiddos)



No comments:

Post a Comment