Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Big Man on Campus

The kiddos and I decided to venture down to Bowling Green today to visit Grandma at work and for the very first time, Uncle Scott at school!  The kids love making the trip down there (as they are regular celebrities, practically with all the people they have to stop and visit with when they're there) and the bonus this time was we got to check out Uncle Scott's new digs.

I have to say - I'm a tad jealous.  Back in the day when I was in school, we didn't get bathrooms with showers in our own dorm rooms, that's for sure!  He doesn't have a bad set-up at all and it is quite apparent that Scott is adapting to life at college quite nicely.  We  spent some time at Mom's office, checked out Scott's dorm and then popped over to McD's for lunch.  What a great visit!  Many thanks to Mom and Scott for letting us disrupt their day and host us.

In other news, Happy National Macadamia Nut Day.  We had macadamia crusted tilapia for dinner (YUM!) and I of course had to make the most obvious macadamia nut treat - white chocolate macadamia nut cookies!  (DOUBLE YUM!)  I only wish that I had some dried cranberries on hand as that was  the only extra missing from the cookies.  (Makes me think of Apples Bakery in Peoria.  Which makes me think of those awesome spinach breakfast roll things.  Beth, think I need to come visit soon...)  Anyway, back to the macadamia nut - consider yourself celebrated.

First MOPS meeting of the year tomorrow (and the only one my kiddos will actually get to go to!) which should be fun.  Also have to track down coffee ice cream for Friday.  Tougher than I thought - anyone know where I might have some luck?  And cheese pizza tomorrow.  Well, kind of ;-)  Until then...

Grant was tinkering away last night and it made me smile so much I had to share

 My freshly minted kindergartner makes big plans with Uncle Scott about attending college

 Checking out Uncle Scott's dorm

 My brother is one amazing uncle :)

 Lunch break

 Macadamia Nut Topped Tilapia

 COOKIES!


No comments:

Post a Comment