Monday, July 8, 2013

All it's cracked up to be

Back to the swing of things, back to the ambiguous nature that is celebrating the National Food holidays sometimes. Today's "Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Omelette" admittedly had me scratching my head.

My snarky self said OK, then I'll make something that is like an omeltte, but not.  (I settled on a quiche) and to take it one step further, I'm going to make a whole bunch of them!  I'll show you ridiculous food holiday :-p  You'll have to see the pictures of what I came up with.  It was a hit here for dinner though, so we'll chalk it up to a success.

It's also National Chocolate with Almonds day.  And given that the Almond Buttercrunch went over like a lead balloon, I knew I'd have to come up with something else.  So after searching my recipes I settled on a chocolate almond pudding.  Good choice as it is gone :)

Otherwise, we've spent the day getting back into our routine.  Bella came home from the "Doggy Hotel" much to the delight of the kiddos.  I'm not sure if they were happier to see her or she them to be honest.  And we restocked the fridge and pantry thank goodness.  We ran some errands post-dinner, took the recyclables back, you know, the usual.  I think it'll take a few more days yet (Kayla is definitely adjusting yet and has been in quite the snit all day) but I think it's safe to say we're 'back'

Sugar cookies tomorrow and if we see no rain, a comedic juggler.  Here's hoping!  Until then...

Bella's home

 I've been stock-piling stickers and the kids spent this afternoon creating


 Lots of mini quiches!  (See, not one omelette at all)

 num, num, num

Chocolate almond pudding

1 comment:

  1. I have to say the possibility of a comedic juggler made me smile, as our Campus Update yesterday let everyone @ BGSU know that next week we are hosting the National Juggling Convention!! Who knew they had such a thing? Hope you get to see the juggler today!

    ReplyDelete