Monday, July 22, 2013

Penuche?

 The food holiday creators are after me again - penuche fudge?  Really?  Who comes up with this stuff?  I did read that it is a regional thing, so we'll chalk it up to that I suppose.  But in case you're ignorant like I am, penuche fudge is basically fudge made with brown sugar as opposed to white sugar and usually contains nuts.  So it has more of a maple flavor to it and is a light brown color.  Fudge making and I have had some issues in the past so instead I made penuche fudge drop cookies.  Two words; super sticky.  So while everyone here liked them I don't think it's a treat I'll be creating on a really regular basis...

Otherwise, it's been a pretty uneventful day around here.  So instead of boring you with the trivial details, I thought I'd share a couple of Noah and Kayla funnies from the day.

This morning, Noah and I were having a conversation about something (what I don't exactly remember now) and I say something along the lines of "we'll figure it out when we get there" to which he says "No worries, Mom.  It's all gravy, Baby."  OK then, as if I needed any further proof he was so my kid.  I don't know how many times those phrases in a similar fashion come out of my mouth on a daily basis, but it's a lot.  I guess I'm going to have to really start paying attention to what I say.

Mikayla has been working on her 'l' sound.  We've been working on having Mi-Kay-La as opposed to Mi-Kay-Wah.  So today she was specifically working on saying words with the 'l' sound in them, which led to her at one point running around the front yard singing "Dolly, Dolly, Dolly, I love my Dolly, Dolly, Dolly."  We then went on to name the doll Lydia and she's been doing pretty well with it.  I then threw her a curve ball and told her we were taking a trip to the library, to which she shouted "Oh Mom, I wuv the wi-bare-we"  Little (wittle?) steps I suppose :)

Vanilla ice cream tomorrow (we're going to make it ourselves after dinner, should be fun!) and hopefully a concert in Northville if the rain stays away.  Until then...

We were bowling this afternoon


 Lydia was bowling on Mikayla's team

 Penuche Fudge Drop Cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment