Friday, July 19, 2013

Doin' Daiquiris

 The weathermen promised me thunderstorms and relief from the heat.  It is currently nearly 11:30pm and we still have no thunderstorms.  And no relief from the heat.  (Current temp: 85 degrees).  Bring on the thunderstorms!

On a completely different note, I am so glad that it is Friday.  Especially this Friday.  Because today the two months of craziness that has been Grant's work on his current project has officially come to an end!  The drop dead date was today and as of noon they have handed it all over to Ford and it is out of their control.  I might actually get to see my husband again.  He didn't make it home this morning (yes, this morning) until 3am and then went back to the office around 7am...  Needless to say he came home, hung out with us for a bit, got the kids off to bed, watched a few innings of the Tigers game and called it a night well before 10pm.  I can't imagine how exhausted he much be and I'm really hoping he gets at least 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep!  Yay for the end of a project!!

And I did help his team celebrate their achievement today by sending in a batch of Strawberry Daiquiri cupcakes which apparently they all devoured for breakfast.  See, celebrating the food holidays does serve a purpose sometimes :)  He told me his team went gaga for the cupcakes and Noah and Kayla agreed that they were 'pretty yummy, Mom'

I also made what I am calling "Kristi's Berry Delicious Daiquiri Grilled Chicken Salad" for dinner tonight.  I made up my own dressing using strawberry daiquiri mix as the base.  No huge overwhelming response on this one, but it was something fun to try.  And of course we all had frozen daiquiris with dinner tonight.  (Sans alcohol for Thing 1 and Thing 2 of course.)  I remember when I was younger that virgin daiquiris were such a great treat, so it was fun to share that with Noah and Kayla tonight.

You'll have to see the pictures to see what my favorite duo was up to this afternoon. (Remember that finger paint I made earlier in the week....)  We also borrowed some a/c from the library with a trip to storytime this morning, but didn't stay to craft or play as we definitely weren't the only ones with that idea.  There was easily double the normal number of kiddos at storytime this morning and it was kind of a mad house.  We ended up peacing out kind of early which was OK since we had to run to the grocery store so I could get stuff to prep for tomorrow.

Which leads me to how I've spent my evening; playing in my kitchen!  My parents are coming in for the day tomorrow and not only are there three food celebrations tomorrow, we are also doing some even bigger celebrating since my Dad's birthday is next week!  So I just wrapped up a four hour stint of prep work in my kitchen  (I swear 2 1/2 hours or it was washing dishes...) and now am about ready to call it a night myself.

Lollipops, Ice Cream Sodas (again), Fortune Cookies and some really tasty birthday treats tomorrow, along with a parade!  and Grandma and Papa!  Sounds like a great Saturday to me!! Until then...

My strawberry daiquiri cupcakes ready to be frosted

 Am I good or what?


 My little artists



 Their finished creations

 Kristi's Berry Delicious Daiquiri Grilled Chicken Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment