Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sticky Situation

 This is going to be a quick one today as I am off here in the next half an hour to head to Canton for tomorrow's Swim Meet!  GO SCOTT GO!

In the meantime, Happy National Sticky Bun Day!  My research taught me that a sticky bun is different from a cinnamon roll because it has a caramel icing/glaze as opposed to the white frosting of a cinnamon roll.  And now you know :p  I tried my hand at making some today, but they'll be for dinner tonight (breakfast for dinner, my kids are thrilled) so the verdict is still out on them.  The process of flipping the pan when it came out of the oven was a little daunting, though :)

And because I won't be here tomorrow to celebrate, you're getting a sneak peek at National Cherry Pie Day!  I made mini handheld cherry pies and am taking half the batch with me to spread the cherry pie love at the swim meet tomorrow.

GO SCOTT GO!







1 comment: