Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Margarita Madness

 You say Margarita, I think my Mom.  She loves a good Margarita!  So when everything went down the way it did and I found out I'd be seeing her today I was all excited to celebrate!  (Not that Scott's send off wasn't reason enough to celebrate, but you know what I mean!)  Then she broke it to me - she gave up alcohol for lent.  Bummer...

So back to the drawing board.  I remembered that not only would my Mom not be able to enjoy a good margarita but neither would Noah and Mikayla unless I came up with something else.  So for here I went with a personal favorite of mine for dinner tonight - Margarita Grilled Chicken!  I could probably go to Chili's every night of the week and eat only that from their menu and be a happy girl.  I even created some yummy rice with corn, black beans and lime to go along with it.  (and some homemade lime flavored tortilla chips, too)  It was a hit!

But I still hadn't come up with anything to share with Mom.  Last week when I was coming up with my recipes for this week's celebration I had tagged a recipe for "margarita balls"  Taking another look at it I figured I could make it sans alcohol and it would be just as yummy.  I'll have to let Mom weigh in on if they satisfied at least a little bit of the craving for her, but I know that Noah and Mikayla loved them!  Mikayla ate 4 of them and would have probably had more if I would have let her.

So moral of today, it is possible to 'celebrate' Margarita day without actually having a margarita!  Sticky buns tomorrow (and I'll give you a sneak peak at my creation for Friday since I won't be here for its official celebration) before I head off to Canton!  Until then...

Eat your heart out Chili's, this is my version of Margarita Grilled Chicken :)

 If we weren't going to have real margaritas we at least had to use the proper stemware

Hmmm, might have to make these again for St. Patrick's day given how festive they look...

No comments:

Post a Comment