Saturday, November 3, 2012

Play Dough Cookies

 Warning:  This is yet ANOTHER post about me making 'cute' food ;-)

So it's a Fall Saturday which can only mean that I'm up to my two favorite things: Watching my beloved Wolverines kick some football tail and playing in my kitchen.  The Little Brown Jug is safely on its way back to Ann Arbor after a Minnesota defeat, so onto the food!

As I mentioned earlier, I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup from the chicken Grant picked up when he was out this morning.  I am not sure that there are too many things that make the whole house smell as divinely as homemade chicken noodle soup.  Plus it's so easy and results in a meal that pretty much everyone will eat without too much fuss.  Chalk it up to a win in my book.

Then I remembered a recipe I came across a few weeks ago that I have been dying to try out.  It was for these play dough cookies.  I knew they were going to be a little time consuming so I was waiting 'til I had the time to devote to them to try it out.  Football Saturday = perfect opportunity.

You'll have to check out the results below but I fell in love with these!  Not only were they really easy (but yes, very time consuming) but they are so cute!  I'm already planning on adding a little peppermint extract and making the dough red, green and white for Christmas ones.  Plus I'm thinking that if I made the dough up ahead of time they'd be great for a Kid Kitchen session.  The pinwheel effect is really cute, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't roll the dough out and let the kids play with it and make it into any shapes they wanted.  What a great way to spend my Saturday!

So I started with this....

 Which became this...

 Which turned into this...

 And ended up as this!

 Ready for baking

 Out of the oven - too cute!  (And I was super impressed with how vibrant the colors stayed)

Ready to be gobbled up

No comments:

Post a Comment