Saturday, November 10, 2012

Michigan vs. Northwestern

I have this list.  It's kind of a bucket list of sorts.  30 things I'd like to do before I'm 30.  Some of them are very attainable (I want to screw up the nerve to have my eyebrows waxed, for example) some of them may have to be added to the 40 by age 40 list (not going to see a World Series, Super Bowl or Stanley Cup parade in the Big D this year...)  Today, I finally got to cross off another one, though; I got to attend a game at the Big House.

Back in May, for our anniversary, Grant got me a pair of tickets for today's game at Michigan stadium versus Northwestern.  It seems like I've been waiting for this FOREVER.  It's been a bit of an up and down year for my Wolverines (who thinks Denard's probably done for the season?) and Northwestern came into the game with a 7-2 record.  Plus we needed to beat them to even get a whiff of a possible Big 10 title.  (Stupid Nebraska), so this was kind of a big deal.  Plus it was my first time.  Ever.

And it was AMAZING!  Not only was the weather sensational for a November game (we actually saw 60 today.  I went to the game in a sweatshirt!) but we won!  In Overtime!!!  Grant and I highly enjoyed ourselves (with lots of pictures as proof) and I'm thinking we might have to make this an annual event.  Just being in the same place as 112,500 people was CRAZY.

And I would be amiss not to mention the other two people that made this possible today - my sister Shell and her husband, Dudley.  They drove in this morning from Fremont and stayed with my kiddos for a good chunk of the day.  Many many thanks to them :)

And of course...

GO BLUE!

A view of the stadium from across the street

We made it in!

I was so there!!!!

Incredible

I had to go down and get a closer look

From the visitor's end zone

Warm-ups

The Northwestern Band
Coin Toss (and all we got to see of Denard....)

Dad, you're right, absolute chills

The half-time show was Willy Wonka themed and hysterical.  Anything that can rip on Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Michigan State all within a 10 minute period gets my vote

More of the band


My Wonka, who then 'flushed' the character representing Ohio State down the 'horse shoe shaped toilet bowl' hehehehe

Maize out in the Student Setion




And this is how we rip on Michigan State - hehe

That's right, baby


Block M by the band
We were so enjoying ourselves

The band came into the stands during the second half


AMAZING

Leaping into the student section.  My player of the day was totally a toss up between Gardner at QB and Roundtree.  Definitely wouldn't have won without either of them today

Grant buys tickets, Kristi gets to go to game, Michigan wins with Kristi watching, Grant gets kiss


No comments:

Post a Comment