Saturday, October 25, 2014

Tricks and Treats in the Hills

What a gorgeous Saturday it turned out to be!  A perfect day to do some Trick or Treating :)  After a breakfast of french toast bites (this is a go to recipe for the end of a loaf of bread around here.  My crew loves it!) and getting a jump on the day, the boys headed off to a Go-See for Cub Scouts at the Livonia Fire Department (Noah apparently got to ride on the fire truck!) while the Bean and I headed to OLS for their Trunk or Treat.  (Which I can't figure it out why it is called that since last year they moved it inside...)  We had a great time - I was so impressed with the time some people put into their displays.  And the Bean and her caramel apple. We came home long enough for me to switch out the loaf of Light Rye Bread from the breadmaker and start a loaf of Cheddar Parmesan Bread.  These are for taking with us to the 'Mont tomorrow.  They both smelled AMAZING and everyone was a little annoyed I wouldn't let them cut into the cheddar one.  Anyway, Noah has been having some issues today, so plans went a little astray and he wasn't able to join us downtown for Trick or Treating.  But the Bean and I went!  I love downtown Farmington and was glad that Tess and A joined us at OLS this morning and then she and D this afternoon.  And we of course bumped into all kind of friends at both places so we definitely weren't the only ones out enjoying the gorgeous weather!  We made it home in time for the game, though when all was said and done, didn't really matter.  My Wolverines, uggghhh...  But I did make a loaf of Tennessee Apple Bread from the cookbook Aunt Vickie sent (and I did let them cut into this one - it smelled too good not to.  Plus I made two loafs ;-) ) and we did have a good dinner of  BBQ Chicken Scoops and Loveless Cafe Sour Slaw while we watched Michigan get trampled.  I was expecting it (and it helped me win a bet with Amber!) so I'm not too upset.  Besides, I'm rooting for the Lions to win in London tomorrow morning!

I mentioned that we're heading to the 'Mont tomorrow where we'll be carving pumpkins and then Trick or Treating.  (Because they haven't done quite enough of that yet...)  Tying up a few things around here in the morning, Church and then we're off! Can't wait.  So until then...

Tennessee Fun Fact of the Day:  Andrew Johnson held every elective office at the local, state, and federal level, including President of the United States. He was elected alderman, mayor, state representative, and state senator from Greeneville. He served as governor and military governor of Tennessee and United States congressman, senator, and vice president, becoming President of the United States following the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

They colored pictures for Tess of the cute animals she brought them from MomCon :)


I was decked out in my gear today - complete with awesome headware  from Aunt Vickie!

Ready for "Trunk or Treat"

She said this was her "Elsa pose"

Frozen!

Chowing down afterwards

One super epic caramel apple



Spiderman and Elsa downtown

I love this picture

And this one even more

So we got postcards from Tennessee - one for each of them.  But there's no name, info or anything else on them!  I'm *fairly* certain I know where they came from, but I don't want to commit to that here yet.  I did give them to the kiddos today, though :-p

The apple bread recipe from my cook book

The rye is on the right, cheddar on the right

Got the Tennessee scrapbook page done

Sour Slaw

BBQ Chicken Scoops

Apple bread


They all RAVED about this one

No comments:

Post a Comment