Sunday, October 19, 2014

Falling into Sunday

I can't believe that we're 2/3 of the way through October already!  Geesh, where has this month (year!) gone?  The cooler temperatures and the discussion at the breakfast table this morning on the origins of frost, have reminded me that winter's going to be here before we know it.  I'm trying not to buy into the doomsdayers that keep saying this winter's going to be worse than last but you can be sure that I won't be putting away the cuddleduds anytime soon.  (Oh man, who am I kidding, I don't think they've gotten put away at all this year)

Anyway, it was quite the Sunday around here of grocery shopping, cleaning, an adventure for the boys at Greenfield Village, baking these awesome Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins for my MOPS Steering meeting tomorrow, watching the Lions win (at the last minute, woo hoo!), making a mumpkin (you'll have to see the pictures), going on a walk to look at leaves with the Bean, trying to find Noah a coat (right coat, right color, wrong size.  Hoping to remedy this tomorrow at a different Target...), playing in the leaves and a dinner of South Dakota Sour Cream Chicken.  I honestly have no idea what this dish has to do with South Dakota, but I'm not sure it gets much easier than this recipe and I knew the gang would be on board.  Was kind of perplexed by what to serve it with/over so went with couscous which is always an easy sell here.  We feasted on the remains of the poke cake for dessert..  Actually, we ended up talking about Tennessee and everything on our wall (which I'll share with everyone tomorrow!) at dinner tonight because I'm not sure that we're all going to be home again at the same time to do so until Thursday at the earliest.  *Sigh*

Another week that promises to be super busy!  Not only are we starting Tennessee tomorrow (woo hoo!) but I know my days this week are filled with meetings, play dates, activities and all kinds of stuff to keep me busy.  Also looking forward to a weekend chock full of Halloween activities, including an Enchanted Hike, Trunk or Treat and Trick or Treat in Fremont!  Check back in tomorrow for our Tennessee kick-off and a culinary salute to the King and something called a goo goo cluster.  Until

South Dakota Fun Fact of the Day:  This SD fun fact comes from my Mom who was telling me about a book she was reading describing Calvin Coolidge (then President) actually moving the White House to the Black Hills of South Dakota to vacation in the summer of 1927.  I found this really neat article on it if you want more information.  Thanks Mama!

This is how Mikayla spent her afternoon - watching the Lions

While I baked

Hey Michelle D - might not be pumpkin cheesecake but these seem more breakfast appropriate - the orange is pumpkin cheesecake filling

Haven't tasted them yet but they made my house smell amazing

My mumpkin!

$2 Mum $1 pie pumpkin = 1 very happy Kriti

Walking in the leaves and talking on the phone to Papa

South Dakota Sour Cream Chicken


One last South Dakota feast (note the return of orange milk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment