Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Just What the Dr Ordered

It's been another busy day here at Casa de Gatchel, and there's no end in sight, so I'm going to let the pictures do the talking on our day of saluting Dr (yep, no period is correct!) Pepper.  Hopefully I'll be back with plenty more to share tomorrow!  So until then...

Texas Fun Fact of the Day: Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. The Dublin Dr Pepper, 85 miles west of Waco, still uses pure imperial cane sugar in its product. There is no period after the Dr in Dr Pepper.


 I made this Dr. Pepper Cake last night and today he Bean helped me make the frosting to finish it off

The best part of helping in the kitchen

I'm telling you, the girl has skills!

Ready for later

That is one big state!


I can't believe how close we are to having a finished map!  (Oh, and by the way, Grant and I earned stickers on the "We've Been There State")

A package arrived from Uncle Keith

Thanks for the Halloween goodies, Uncle Keith!

Pan de Campo - the Official State Bread of Texas


I ended up shredding the roast and serving it over the mashed potatoes

Can't not have Dr Pepper on Dr Pepper day, right?

Alright, who can name all 23 flavors in tonight's dinner?

We cut into the three layers of goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment