Saturday, October 11, 2014

I love a Parade!

After starting the morning munching on some of the most amazing Apple Cider Pancakes with Caramel Apple Syrup this morning (seriously - they were devoured) we headed to meet up with my Dad in Oak Harbor to get a chance to be in a parade!  His new branch at Croghan Colonial in Oak Harbor was sponsoring a float in the Apple Festival Parade and he asked Elsa and Batman to come and ride and help pass out candy.  We had a blast!  Thank you thank you thank you to my Dad for inviting us!  I was super proud of my costumed kiddos and we all had a great time.  We made it home just in time to settle down for dinner and the Michigan game which I'm watching as we type.  So I'm off!  Go Blue!  Church and a rather laid back day tomorrow.  So until then...

South Carolina Fun Fact of the Day:  On Nov 2, 1954 Strom Thurmond (R) became the first US senator elected by write-in vote. Thurmond received 139,106 write-in votes to win his seat.


Apple Cider Pancakes

Oh Buddy!

Elsa and Batman arrived!

NJ cracked me up - he was so stoic when he was 'in character'

On the float


Posing with the whole crew

The girls

There were 3 Elsa's on the float - have a feeling this is going to be similar all year


The boys

Grant got on too, and we were off!

Waving like the queen she is


Helping Papa hand out candy

It's very possible Grant had more fun riding on the float than the kids did

Going to check out the rest of the festival




Hanging like a bat with Uncle Scott

Thanks for the treat Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment