Sunday, October 5, 2014

This is what happens when you're a Detroit Fan....

I mentioned yesterday that Grant and Noah were supposed to go one direction today and the Bean and I another, but late yesterday afternoon that got scrapped (not by our doing) and instead we all got the opportunity to go together to Toledo to celebrate my sister Michelle's birthday!

It also meant that we had a whole lot of extra time together to spend however we wanted.  After yet another crushing blow with Michigan last night, I wasn't sure my heart could take any more sports drama this weekend.  And with the Lions and the make or break game for the Tigers on tap today it was probably a good thing that we had some traveling to do in the afternoon and back this evening so I could only listen (and just until we got to the border) instead of watch.

But anyway, back to earlier.  I started the morning off with some more experimenting in my kitchen with some cake mix pumpkin pancakes.  No recipe, just me playing :)  I think they make take a little more work to perfect as they were super fluffy but a little doughy.  Hmm, back to the drawing board.

I'm sad to report this morning we learned of the demise of Noah's fish, Squirmy.  Rest in peace, little guy.  Noah took it pretty well and as a bit of a distraction Grant took him to get a haircut and then actually get (we had found and decided on awhile ago) his Halloween costume.  We had some lunch,  I prepped up some food for a very busy tomorrow, Noah and I FINALLY got his Big Blue Bug made, I painted Kayla's nails and we all watched the Lions start off well.  (I can't believe how many times they reran that horrific injury to Ron Brooks.  Praying he is OK.)

Then we headed off to Fallen Timbers to meet up with my parents, Shell and Dudley, Scott and Ali and Stephanie to celebrate Shell!  Happy Birthday (on Tuesday) sister of mine!  We unfortunately had to listen to the Lions loss shortly before arrival, but oh well, it was awesome to see everyone and we're now really looking forward to next Saturday when we head to Fremont (actually Oak Harbor) for the kids to get to ride on Croghan's float in the Apple Festival Parade!

We headed home and listened to yet another crushing blow - the Tigers got swept by the Orioles.  I'm not sure my heart can take much more after this weekend.  All my teams went down in grand fashion  I think I may have to go into hiding.  Or at least deep mourning.  Just blah.  I can't even say anything more about it I'm so bummed out right now.

So moving on...

We're officially starting South Carolina tomorrow - are you ready!  I was surprised that other than the obvious (Fort Sumter and the secession) how much of a tough time I had with South Carolina in general.  But I've come up with some great stuff to share with the kiddos and I happen to know they're in for quite the mail call this week!  Crazy day tomorrow with both kiddos in school, Noah in class tomorrow night and me heading off to a PTA Council meeting, so not sure when I'll get a post up.  But I promise it'll be worth checking out.  So until then...

Rhode Island Fun Fact of the Day: Roger Williams, founder of Rhode Island, established the first practical working model of Democracy after he was banished from Plymouth, Massachusetts because of his "extreme views" concerning freedom of speech and religion.  Thomas Jefferson and John Adams publicly acknowledged Roger Williams, as the originator of the concepts and principles reflected in The First Amendment. Among those principles were freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of public assembly.
Noah got a hair cut and looks a lot less shaggy now

Super fluffy pancakes


Batman paid us a visit today

Daddy, meet Batman

Noah working on his bug


Meet Ziggy!


Noah and Ziggy


Hey Sar -she really liked the Minion launcher.  Dudley told her she couldn't play with until she got home though...

No comments:

Post a Comment