Thursday, January 30, 2014

Back to School

At 7:11am this morning I saw a bus drive past my front window.  I grinned like a kid eyeballing their presents on Christmas morning.  Everyone was back in school today - yay!  And the normality seems to have lessened the fighting (they were sad to go their separate ways this morning and genuinely enjoyed playing together when Noah got home) which makes for a much more smoothly functioning Gatchel household.

This Mama picked up another kiddo while hers were off at school this morning, though.  I got to hang out with Alexis for a few hours while the Bean was at school and we even went and caught up with some of my favorite ladies from MOPS for an impromptu play session for a bit.  Then I got the Bean from school, we ran some errands, I cleaned the house with help from the Bean; it's been a great day!  

We were going to do fried pickles tonight, but we've opted to save those for Sunday during our Super Bowl party, instead.  The kiddos did color their Arkansas maps today and like usual Noah surprised me with what he came up with.  While I have sometimes struggled during our project to 'bring it down' to their level, it is quite apparent to me that they are absorbing and enjoying learning.  While I may struggle to find a way to explain Civil Rights, the American Revolution or the trials faced by the Native American people, I think they're getting 'enough' of it to understand.  And my research has taught me tons, too!  I'm honestly not sure who's enjoying this project the most...

Can't believe tomorrow's Friday already.  Honestly, I'm not sure what day it is or what day it feels like anymore.  Hoping to work on a couple of projects during the day and we're having Ozarks meatloaf tomorrow night!  So until then...

Arkansas Fun Fact of the Day:  The state contains six national park sites, two-and-a half million acres of national forests, seven national scenic byways, three state scenic byways, and 50 state parks.

 Home from school I put her straight to work

 Actually, she begged to be allowed to mop.  May this continue to happen for as long as she resides in my house ;-)

 Noah's been talking about snails at school and brought home this cutie today

 Noah says to tell you all "This is Arkansas, covered in Hot Springs"

 Mikayla says "This is the President's house" (She means Bill Clinton, fyi...)

My friend Tess sure does know how to say thank you for lending a hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment