Monday, August 12, 2013

Livin' On a Shoestring and a Prayer

WOW!  That is all I can really say.  I was so touched by how many people volunteered to get involved in our state project! It made me so happy and excited to get responses here, via email, on facebook, phone calls, etc.  Keep it coming!  I still have states that are in need of people so if you want to help, if you know someone from out of state that might help (5 extra bonus points to anyone who delivers Alaska or Hawaii) or if you have other ideas for me, let me know!  (Currently picture Kristi doing the*very excited about her new project* Dance)

In fact, I was so excited about the response to the project (the blog got almost 10 times the normal number of views as it usually does if that puts it into perspective!) that I hardly even noticed the rain that fell here all day.  And rain it did.  We took advantage of it this morning by busting out the play-doh for awhile since we were stuck inside.  Then our weekly grocery adventure took up the rest of the morning.  This afternoon we colored, played with the remote control cars and I (finally) finished the grouting in the half bath.  Oh am I glad to have that finished.  Currently, we've got the game on (Cabrera hit a home run off the first pitch he saw.  That guy is a monster.  So glad he's on our team :-p), are snacking on some ice cream sundaes and just enjoying our evening.

And of course, we didn't forget to celebrate today.  Happy National Julienne Fries Day.  Or, shoe string french fries are they are more commonly known as.  Or, if you want to refer to them the way Noah does "like McDonald's fries, Mom"  Exactly :)  So we enjoyed them with some patty melts tonight and I tried out the fun Monsters Inc. jello mold I got as a freebie last week.  Also, it's Apple Week so plan on seeing them around here a couple of times this week.  Tonight I made Noah's favorite - Apple Turnovers.

Headed to Northville for a concert tomorrow morning (hoping the rain finally goes away by then) and Dad, feel like you should be here tomorrow as we're having Filet Mingon for dinner to 'celebrate'  (How many three and five year olds do you know that eat filet mingon, honestly?!??!)  Until then...

Play Doh Adventures to beat the rain


Happy National Julienne Fries Day

Easiest apple turnovers over

The half bath officially has a floor!

2 comments:

  1. Hip, hip, hurray!! Aren't we a GREAT team? The floor looks super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mama! We are an AWESOME team! I am delighted with it :)

      Delete