Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Prime Cut of a Day

I think I missed two months somehow.  There is no way that it can be mid-August because the mercury in the thermometer at my house barely kissed 65 degrees today.  I don't know what we all did to seriously tick off Mother Nature this year, but I'd like to apologize on behalf of humanity and humbly ask that things go back to 'normal' here soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Fall (only 2 1/2 weeks until my boys in Maize and Blue kick off the season!!!) but I'd like a few more weeks of summer.  This Fall is going to be tough enough on me as I'm going to be 'losing' both of my littles at least a couple of mornings a week and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that.  (Though honestly about the time I drop Kayla off, get home, shower and breathe for 5 minutes I'll have to go and pick her up again probably)  So if we could have a few more weeks of laziness and sunshine, I'd really like that.

It was in the chilly air that we headed to Northville this morning for a concert.  The program said Stephanie Jay, who would encourage them to wiggle and giggle and I figured, 'sounds good to me'  So I was thrilled with the program we got this morning.  Both Noah and Kayla spent the whole hour 'on stage' dancing.  It was so much fun!  She invited all the kids that wanted to up to the stage area, led them through a series of stretches and then they all danced for the next hour.  They did a fidget dance, a waltz, a story where the pantomimed a whole slew of animals, "Cotton Eyed Joe", the hokey pokey and even the Chicken Dance.  I was so glad that they were up, moving and enjoying themselves.  And of course, especially my little dancing princess loved it.  Yet again kudos Northville for a great program!  Two more weeks, we'll definitely be there.

Tonight's celebration was definitely one out of the ordinary.  Happy Filet Mignon Day!  I can't say that we do a whole lot of steak around here as is and I'm pretty positive Noah and Kayla had never had it before.  Mikayla panned it (she's not a huge red meat fan in general) but Noah loved it.  And of course, Grant was all about it :)  Definitely not an every day celebration but fun none the less.

Headed to Plymouth tomorrow to see a magician.  After our fun with the magician last week, Noah can't wait.  And they're already in my freezer setting up, and I can't wait to try them; homemade Creamsicles!  Until then...

Ready for the concert

 Stingy came, too

 Stephanie Jay

 Stretching before the dancing began

 Noah chicken dancing

Happy National Filet Mignon Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment