Thursday, August 29, 2013

Chopped Lemons

We've met the teacher!  I guess it's really going to happen - Tuesday Noah is going to kindergarten.  Ready or not world, here he comes!!

Today was the big New Student Tour and Popsicle Party at Beechview.  Mrs. Burkmyre seems wonderful and ready to take on this year's kindergarten class come Tuesday.  Noah was thrilled to finally meet her and some of his other classmates.  The PTA (including yours truly) even hosted a popsicle party on the playground for the new students to get to know each other.  Not only did Noah get to meet some of his classmates but I got a chance to meet some new parents as well.  Is it possible that I'm just as nervous about that aspect of it as Noah is about his first day?  Changes are a 'comin, people!

I'm attempting to shake off a terrible migraine right now so going to keep this short.  Happy National Chop Suey Day and Happy National Lemon Juice Day.  (Seriously Mr. national food picker, can we come up with some better combinations?)  I had quite a good time making chop suey for the first time ever this evening and it was well received.  We also had a lemon pudding cake for dessert made with fresh squeezed lemon juice.  I made this last night, and for the first time ever used my new mixer to form 'stiff peaked egg whites.'  Oh my goodness, who know what a difference a stand mixer would make for this!

Alright, I'm off to make some lasagna roll-ups, get some work done and maybe put a little time in on the state project tonight.  Maybe.  Have a couple of school related things that need to be tackled and if we're heading to Fremont over the weekend have to figure out my food celebrations for the first few days of September.  Never a dull moment, I tell ya ;-)  We've decided to do one last Kid Kitchen of the summer tomorrow and take on some toasted marshmallows.  Should be fun :)  Until then...

Too cute for words

 Happy National Chop Suey Day


Lemon Pudding Cake (the top of this is fluffy, almost like a sponge cake and the bottom is more like a pudding consistency.  Really yummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment