Sunday, April 21, 2013

Truffle-tastic

 For the most part I do not enjoy making truffles.  9 times out of 10 I end up with a big ball of chocolate inner goop that doesn't set up well and is a huge mess to roll out. Couple that with my struggle to even find a recipe for chocolate covered cashew truffle and you can see why I wasn't overly excited about today's celebration.

But carry on I must ;-)  My problem with finding a recipe was because I found plenty of recipes for chocolate truffles that were then rolled in cashews but hardly any that the cashews were covered in chocolate.  I did finally find one but when I read through it I doubted when all was said and done you'd even be able to taste the cashew.

While they came together very nicely (limited mess!) I was correct in my assessment that you couldn't even taste the cashew.  Kind of disappointing, so we had cashews on our bananas with dinner.  I love cashews and we had to work them in somehow!

We've had a good day around here, but you'll have to check back tomorrow to see what we were up to because it has to do with tomorrow's celebration.  At the moment we're watching the 12th inning of the Tigers game, so I'm going to get back to it and sign off for the evening.  It's been a good relaxing weekend around here and I'm looking forward to this week.

Jelly beans tomorrow.  Until then...

Chocolate covered cashew truffles

 Can you find the cashew?

 Working on some artwork

Do you think the child could wear any more pink?

No comments:

Post a Comment