Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Little Nutso

Five minutes ago a shirtless Noah went tearing through my kitchen yelling "I'm 60 percent naked!" at the top of his lungs.  Yep, it's been a little nutso around here today...

How has it possibly gotten to be almost 8pm already?  The day has somehow gotten away from me, though it's been a good one for sure.  While the weather didn't choose to co-operate at first but we braved the outlets anyway.  While it poured on us a bit at first it ended up sunny and beautiful by the time we headed home.  We caught part of the Tigers game in the car, watched a few innings here at home (Victory!), had some dinner, headed outside to play for awhile (still a bit chilly but the sun was out and dang it, we're ready for spring!), inside for dessert and that brings us back to our opening comment.  I have no idea where he came up with that, but between him and Kayla over the past few days (ie when it gets dark outside God turns on the moon) I feel like I should be keeping a notebook in my pocket to write down some of the things they say.

And in the midst of it all we were able to celebrate National Pecan Day.  Again.  I made pecan rice to go with some yummy grilled flounder for dinner.  And in a shout out to my G-Ma we had some butter pecan ice cream after we came in from outside.  It makes me think of her every time.  And lemon meringue pie.  And butterflies.  And clowns.  Love ya, G-Ma :)

Alright, I'm off to finish up some English muffins in preparation for Eggs Benedict on Tuesday, log into the office for awhile (also on Tuesday - it's National Healthcare Decision Day.  Do you have your Health Care Power of Attorney and Living Will (if you want one) in place?) and then maybe finding time to check my email in there somewhere.  Glazed Spiral Ham (kind of...) tomorrow.  Until then...

Pecan Rice

 Bubble princess

 He shoots!

Chasing the ball around for awhile

 Scooter tastic

 Butter Pecan ice cream


1 comment: