Friday, May 24, 2013

The Graduate

 Remember this?

Oh what a difference nine months makes....



My incredible little boy officially 'graduated' from pre-school this morning and is now a kindergartner!  Here's some shots of from this morning's celebration:

 Processing in (They came in to Pomp and Circumstance, I cried)

 He was so excited


 Noah receiving his diploma and awards

 He was named "Best Storyteller" (because he always comes in sharing all of the neat things he does at home and places he goes and food he makes and eats) and "Best Counter" as he can count well over 100, by 5's and by 10's



 Pizza lunch after to celebrate (Kayla got some, too!)

 After school I took them to 7-11 for a Slurpee Celebration!  Noah had the new Sprite flavor and Kayla had Watermelon.  (If anyone has a 7-11 nearby, medium slurpees are only 49 cents through Sunday!)

In other news, Happy National Escargot Day.  I knew there was no way that I was ever going to convince my threesome (Grant included) to eat escargot and I'm honestly not sure where I would even find it if I wanted to make it.  Out of curiosity has anyone out there reading this actually prepared escargot before?

Of course, I had a Plan B.  I prepared all of our meals to look like snails today.  (You expected something other than 'cute' food out of me???)  The kids thought this was a riot.  In fact, Grant apparently even got comments on our cinnamon roll snails at work this morning.  You'll have to check out my creations below.

Went bed shopping again tonight, still mostly unsuccessful.  I think we're going to go with one we found at Ikea.  I don't think it will be a permanent solution (as in I don't think it'll last through high school) but it is cool, Grant and I can stop and get it on Sunday after we drop the twosome off for their adventure with Aunt Shell and Uncle Dudley and have it assembled and ready for when he gets home on Monday.  Guess we know what we're doing on our 24 hours of kid free time ;-)  He did decide to spend some of his birthday money tonight on a brand new pillow to go with his brand new bed.  He's 'testing it out' tonight so he 'knows how to use it' (his words).

Alright, I have to go make a wine cake for tomorrow and try to come up with a fun breakfast recipe as I love to make something fun on the weekends with everyone home.  I've got a bunch of fresh pineapple in the fridge that is begging to be used.  Wine Day tomorrow!  Until then...



Cinnamon roll snails



 Snail wraps

 Am I good or what?

Noah decided to have even more fun with escargot day and he colored a picture of a snail.  I told him I would definitely be sharing the picture with everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment