Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shell What?

It has been one busy day around here.  One of those days that I didn't even manage to turn my computer on, much less check my email 'til nearly 2pm.  We had our last MOPS meeting of the year until September this morning, we had to run and get the rest of the supplies to make Noah's birthday treat for school tomorrow, I was invited to a Mom's Night Out, mani/pedi session and then it was back here to watch the Grey's finale and actually make Noah's treat.  Now I'm getting my ducks in a row for the next couple of days which are promising to be just as jammed packed.  Don't even get me started on the fact that on Saturday I will be the Mama of a five year old...

Happy National Coquilles St. Jacques Day.  Yeah, I had no clue what it was either, don't feel bad.  According to wiki  "Classically served in a scallop shell, this special dish consists of scallops in a creamy wine sauce, topped with bread crumbs and cheese and browned under a broiler"  If you're super interested, here's some more information that I found.  All I really know is that we had scallops for dinner :-p  It was kind of panned overall, though everyone did eat it without much complaint.  I don't think I'll be running out to make this one again, but we celebrated none the less.

Alright, still 27 things to do before I'm able to call it tonight.  Cherry Cobbler tomorrow!  Until then...

Coquilles St. Jacques (I decided I wasn't springing for shell shaped dishes for this this...)


Noah's requested birthday treat for tomorrow - strawberry waffle sticks topped with pink lemonade frosting with sprinkle stars

No comments:

Post a Comment