Sunday, May 26, 2013

Kid Free Sunday

This morning we drove the kiddos into Sylvania for the day with Shell and Dudley.  Mikayla screeched "CHUCK E CHEESE!" as we pulled into the parking lot so I can only imagine the chaos that filled today.  God Bless Shell and Dudley ;-)  I have yet to receive a frantic phone call about what one or the other did or didn't do and being the smart Mom that I am, I'm not calling to find out how things are going.  I am sure they are having quite the adventure.

As did Grant and I today.  After dropping off the kiddos we went across the street to Anderson's to see if we could find some flowers for the front yard.  Since the temperatures have been bouncing all over the place I have been hesitant to purchase any flowers.  Plus I don't want to do a whole bunch as my eventual hope for the front is to get some ornamental trees out there to fill in all the blank space.  After I ripped out all those super ugly bushes last year, that's what I wanted to do, but one thing after another came up and we didn't get to it.   Plus, Mom says that the best time to plant trees is in the fall, so I'm going to wait 'til then.  But we did need some baskets for my shepherd's hook and we wanted to get or make a couple of planters for in front of the garage and on the porch and I wanted to add half a dozen or so 'pops' of color flowers to out front.

Crazy success was had at Anderson's.  We got some truly beautiful mini purple petunia hanging baskets, some really neat mixed flower/shrub planters for in front of the garage, a nice mix of purple/pink petunias in a planter for the front porch, a lovely purple dahlia, two gorgeous red-orange zinnias, a dark pink lily and an yellow with dark red striped lily (my favorites!).  I managed to get everything planted this afternoon and given a significant drink so at least I now don't feel like we have the most neglected house on the block.

After we got back from Anderson's and dropped off the flowers we headed back out to Ikea to get Noah's bed.  As I type it is 3/4 of the way assembled!  In a bit there is discussion of some ice cream and a movie and I'm working on a project to re-use our old pack-n-play in a cool new way for Kayla.  Yay for awesome days with just the hubster!

It's also National Blueberry Cheesecake Day and National Cherry Dessert Day.  I honestly forgot about the cherry dessert thing until like 10 last night, but managed to put together a tasty cherry vanilla cobbler bread before officially running out of eggs, flour and sugar at my house.  (whoops!) Then today I made a blueberry cheesecake trifle to take with us to the BBQ in Fremont tomorrow. Celebrations covered.

I'll post pictures of the new bed and our BBQ fun-ness tomorrow night.  Oh and fill you in on the kids overnight with the aunt and uncle :)  Until then...

Cherry Vanilla Cobbler Bread


 How to make one Kristi exceedingly happy

 Berry Cheesecake Trifle

This is all melding together in my fridge and I seriously want to just dig into it with a spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment