Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom-Tastic

I think it is safe to say that most of us will claim to have "the best Mom ever"  I get to say it honestly.  There is no doubt in my mind that I have the best Mom ever.  And I don't think that I was able to really truly appreciate how incredible she really is until I had kiddos of my own.  Because it was not until I was faced with the joys and yes, the heartbreaks and upsets, of being a Mom that I appreciated how special she really is.

I mean, let's face it, being a Mom isn't really the most glamorous job.  On a daily basis you deal with everything from tears, to boogers, to toy disasters that you wonder how two such small things created, to black eyes, to thrown/spit food, to temper tantrums, to a small flood in the bathroom.  And that's on a GOOD day.

On the other hand, you also get the "I love you Mom, no matter what", the water glass full of dandelions they picked just for you, the pride in "I can spell Mikayla, M-I-K-A-Y-L-A", the first drawing that actually contains stick people, the reminder that Cecil Fielder is Prince Fielder's Dad at the most random moments, the additional helping hands at the grocery store and the joy in the recounting of the school day  And that's on a BAD day.

If my Mom (and remember, she's the best) has taught me anything it's that the best way to 'survive' as a Mom is to cherish every moment as it comes.  Because there will be ones where I'd really rather wish they were in a different time zone rather than the whining pile of toddler on my kitchen floor.  And there will be ones that I wish I could freeze and hold onto forever, like each and every "I love you" because I'm sure in 5 or so years those will be much fewer and farther between.

So to my Mom (and all the other Mom's out there celebrating today) I love you, as Mikayla would say, "More than the sun and the moons and all the stars in the sky, and the Tigers and the Michigan team".  I hope you've had the most wonderful Mother's Day.  Enjoy this one, cherish it, it is the only one EXACTLY like it.  Good, bad, ugly, beautiful.

I'm off to snuggle my snoozing kiddos one more time.  Until tomorrow...

(PS -A huge thank you to my sister, Shell, and her husband, Dudley, for hosting Mother's day today.  I had a wonderful time, ate great food, loved the cake you had my kiddos decorate and laughed harder than I had in a long time during 'bath time' (Shell, you are such a good sport!).  Thank you both for being you :) )

(PPS - Another thank you to my kiddos for my cool new Michigan shirt (go Team 134!), the nail polish, the hand-held bug massager and the fun Jelly Belly jelly beans, it was great to be spoiled!  I love you both and am so blessed to be your Mom)

(PPPS - And finally, to my wonderful husband for the very cool waffle stick maker.  I can't wait to try it out!  And thank you more than anything else for being you, putting up with and marrying me and giving me the two most precious joys in my life that allow me to be a Mom myself.  I love you)

Besides being Mother's Day (which is way more important) it's also National Nutty Fudge Day - enjoy!



A sneak peak at the front of the shirts I am creating for Noah and I to wear to the game on Wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment