Monday, May 20, 2013

7 Year Bliss

This morning in my husband's car I hid a new Tigers polo, baby powder, a stuffed baby lamb and 7 lottery tickets.  Why, you ask; because today Grant and I celebrate our seven year wedding anniversary.  Still a bit puzzled over my choices?  The polo, just because :)  The baby powder to help him avoid the seven year itch.  The lamb because the traditional gift for seven years is copper or wool.  The wool is for seven years to represent comfort and security and while the lamb isn't quite to wool producing capacity yet I thought it was cute and that like us, it's still growing :)  And since seven is 'lucky' I was hoping he'd win big on the lottery tickets.  (No such luck on that front)  Bottom line - Happy Anniversary to my one and only.  Here's to seven years and seven more and seven more and seven more and seven more and seven more and seven more and the a few added on just for good measure.  I love you!

In other news around here today, Happy National Quiche Lorraine Day.  I've made a very limited number of quiches in my day and Grant said this one was one of the best.  I don't know how it's possible to go wrong around here with eggs, bacon, onion and swiss cheese, so I figured I'd be pretty safe.

It also occurred to me this morning that this is the last week of school for Noah!  He has graduation on Friday and I can't believe it.  They did the kindergarten walk about today (kind of toured the school, went to a music class, the library, ate a snack on their own) and he had a good time.  He even taught us all a song he learned in music class.  Field Day on Wednesday then Graduation on Friday and then we're free for the summer.  Not sure how I feel about this one yet....

After dinner we headed out to try to do some bed shopping for Noah.  We realized, unfortunately, that his current bed converts into a full bed and given the size of his room that is just not going to work. So we're back to the drawing board.  We hit three furniture stores without much luck so I'm thinking we're going to check out Ikea as they are all about making things work in a small space.  Open to suggestions if anyone has one...

Alright, I'm off to make (wait for it) a rhubarb pie!  Rhubarb is FINALLY in season and as I am heading to Fremont for a doctors appointment tomorrow I figured I'd make one and take it with us to share.  It's hard to make a pie around here for just us.  I've already promised Grant to save him a piece.  So look for that and Strawberries and Cream tomorrow.  Until then....


 If a way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I have nothing to worry about with Grant.  I made him his own batch of Jr. Mint cookies as a treat today

 Quiche Lorraine

 Do you think my twosome are ready for summer?

Oh there are so many things I could say about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment