Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wednesday Picnic

Thank you God for the beautiful weather the past few days! I am absolutely loving the fact that it's early October and in the 70's still! I get the bonus of having that delicious smell of fall in the air while being able to take the kids for a picnic at the park without jackets! Plus, I have been able to continue to tackle the outside work around the house that needs to get done. I have some very cool projects coming up to undertake inside, plus I've been wanting to do some cooking (I bought semolina flour to do pasta and got me some pie pumpkins this week!) but have found it hard to stay inside when the sun is bright and shining and those dang viney weeds have my flower beds hostage still.

So yesterday to take advantage of the weather, I took the kiddos to the park for a picnic lunch and some play time. Well, at least Noah got to play. Mikayla refused to eat and instead sat with me and whined the whole time. Grant says she did the same thing at dinner last night. I think I'm going to have to leave her in Fremont with Papa for a few days so she eats on a regular basis.

And why, oh observant one, do I not know what happened at dinner last night? Because I wasn't there! Nope, this very dedicated Mama gave up her evening to attend a three hour 'workshop' entitled "Protecting God's Children" just so I could go and volunteer for anything at Noah's school. Now while I am glad they are being diligent in protecting the kids, it makes me ridiculously sad about what this says about the world in general. How sad that we have to shelter our children to such a degree and remind adults how they should and shouldn't act in a child's presence! My only real complaint with the program was that it seemed dated. No real mention of the social media's impact, which is a shame.

Alright, off to tackle lots of other 'fun' things today :) Go Tigers tonight! More tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment