Friday, March 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Madness


Above is the end result of today's celebrating.  We polished off not just one, but almost two full jars of peanut butter.  What can I say - we Gatchel's are nuts for peanut butter.  Happy National Peanut Butter Lover's Day!

We already had a Peanut Butter Day but apparently that's not enough for our fine nation.  We needed a whole other day just to celebrate those that love peanut butter.  Well count all four of us Gatchel's in!  And since I never do anything the easy way, I made it my mission to have peanut butter be the star of every meal today.  Snacks, too!  Thus the end result is the picture above.

You can peruse the pictures below to see all of our peanut butter creations today.  I'm not going to go through them blow by blow, you'll just have to trust me when I say we seriously celebrated peanut butter.

It's also National Fruit Compote day.  If you're anything like me your response to that is "What the heck is fruit compote?"  The answer - a whole bunch of fruit baked tossed together and baked at a really low temperature for a really long time basically turning it into fruit mush.  A huge hit with Noah and Kayla but a definite pass for the adults.  It even looked sad to me.  So sad that I had to put ice cream on it before I served it just to try to breathe some life back into it.  Oh well, the kids will be enjoying it for the next few days :)

In other news today, I'm more and more convinced every day that this project is expanding my kids palates in ways that I never would have thought.  As if it's not crazy enough already with their love of pastrami, clam chowder and things that taste like hot buttered rum, you can add mini peppers to the list.  I don't know if you've seen those miniature bell peppers in red, orange and yellow that you can buy by the bagful.  We've had them a couple of times before with my parents. I didn't realize how much the kids adored them, though.  We came across a bag at the grocery store when Noah practically starts dancing and begging me to buy them.  Bell peppers.  A four year old.  What parent in their right mind is not going to jump all over that?  If that wasn't enough, he carried them through the store and then insisted that we open them so he could start munching on them as soon as we got back to the car even though he had just finished lunch.  Bell peppers.  A four year old.  I love it.

Alright, we've just started our movie for movie night and I'm going to whip up some peanut butter and jelly milkshakes for the perfect sweet ending to today.  Banana cream pie multiple ways tomorrow!  Until then...
Peanut Butter muffins for breakfast

 Peanut Butter and Jelly pizza tortilla for lunch

 The way Kristi best loves to celebrate National Peanut Butter Lovers Day

 Fruit compote...

 Even with ice cream it still looks sad

Peanut Butter pasta (incidentally, everyone loved this - especially Kayla.  Grant said it was a little trippy eating noodles and peanut butter at the same time)

 Hand dipped peanut butter snacks for with the movie

These are peanut butter and chocolate honey balls.  I coated some in Nilla wafers and some in graham crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment