Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Puffy Ice Cream and Pizza Kits abound! It'

Today has been hectic but rewarding - Pizza Kits are done, delivered and distributed!  Wooooo hooo!  This is a huge item to check off my To Do list for the first half of the school year and for the PTA year in general.  But a 3pm deliver led to quite a busy day.  Kayla and I ran errands this morning, made some yummy Missouri Cookies (I've made these before tons of times, not sure what they have to do with Missouri but I did come across this exact recipe called Missouri Cookies in at last half a dozen locations.  So while in Missouri...) and she did a really fun (may be one of my favorite from the year) project making Puffy Paint Ice Cream Cones.  As I said yesterday, since the origins of the ice cream cone are tied to the St. Louis World's Fair, it seemed like the ideal project!

I went into work for a few hours and then Grant came home to take over here, get N home and do his ice cream cone and eat the meal I had prepped up of Western Missouri Casserole.  Again, not terribly sure what this has to do with Missouri but I was able to make it up ahead, I knew they would enjoy it and it was one more thing I could check off my list today :-p  It's one of those weeks I tell ya...

Still working on some Christmas shopping with the Bean after school tomorrow I think (she picked out something for Grant today and I can't wait to see the fall-out, lol) and I have a pack leadership meeting tomorrow night.  Plus we're going to take on pizza St. Louis style and get good and gooey.  Intrigued?  Check back tomorrow!  So until then...

Missouri Fun Fact of the Day:  The most destructive tornado on record occurred in Annapolis. In 3 hours, it tore through the town on March 18, 1925 leaving a 980-foot wide trail of demolished buildings, uprooted trees, and overturned cars. It left 823 people dead and almost 3,000 injured.

Ready to bake

Adding the oatmeal

Stirring it all together


Missouri Cookies are a success

Ready to make some puffy ice cream

Stirring up the ecolors

Painting away

Mikayla made Superman Ice Cream


I love it!

Mikayla had fun with puzzles this afternoon apparently

Hard at work

Western Missouri Casserole


Noah made Kooky Monster!



No comments:

Post a Comment