Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Badger State Thursday

It was quite the laid back and relax MOPS meeting this morning (only 6 of us were able to make it) and you know, it was super nice!  We all just hung out, chatted, ate yummy treats and had a fun White Elephant exchange.  I have the greatest friends and a calm, relaxed, laid back morning was a great reminder!  

We popped out of there and the Bean and I had a couple of errands to run (I FINALLY tracked down tomorrow's dessert and got the fixing for grinch kebobs for NJ's party tomorrow!) and when we were headed home I gave Colleen a call to see if R wanted to come hang out with Bean for a bit.  She oh so kindly suggested that the Bean just come hang out there.  Which she did - all afternoon. I almost didn't know what to do!  (Not really, three loads of laundry and 4 hours at the office covered it)  I am so thankful that Colleen joined MOPS this year, that R and the Bean adore each other and are at that age that they can play together endlessly with little supervision.  (Not just me saying this, Colleen said it made her life easier, too.  I'm going to take this at face value ;-) )

I grabbed Noah from the bus, brought the Bean home and they started work on their drawings.  (Noah's first attempt was upside down, attempt #2, much more successful :p)  I am sure you can guess a few of the things that made their pictures tonight...

I had been planning on making a chicken dish for dinner tonight, but in order to use the cheese we made the other night and the whey that it produced, I decided on Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes instead!  With the cheese I made scrambled eggs and tossed it in.  Some sausage left over from last week, a few mini oranges and woo hoo for cleaning out the fridge! (Kristi's note: I did NOT like the pancake recipe.  Everyone here loved the way way they tasted but the batter was waaaaayyy too thin for my liking and made more pancakes than we'll be able to eat in the next three months.  Buttermilk pancakes, yum, not this recipe again) I also made Cranberry Delight for dessert because believe it or not, Wisconsin is the top cranberry producing state!

Looking forward to Noah's party tomorrow afternoon and really looking forward to tomorrow night's dinner (two words - cheese curds).  And the last day of school for both of them for the year!  WOOO HOOO!  So until then...

Wisconsin Fun Fact of the Day:  Wisconsin is known as the Badger State after the habits of early miners in the region who either lived in mine shafts or dug their homes out of the sides of hills -- just like Badgers do.

Mikayla's Wisconsin - complete with a cow, cheese and the Packers 


Noah's Wisconsin - a cow, cheese, beer, a Harley motorcycle, the Packers logo and a waterslide from the Dells 


Using our cheese in the eggs

Cooking up the endless amount of pancakes

Breakfast for dinner - always a hit here

Cranberry Delight

The boys both really liked this one

No comments:

Post a Comment