Sunday, December 14, 2014

Five Alive!

The Bean's birthday weekend has been...  Interesting.  After a great evening out on Friday, Gary and Keith arrived very late Friday night.  I woke up Saturday - sick.  And if you know me, you know how hard it is for me to actually admit or give into the sick.  So I decided to kick into into gear and make the best of it anyway.  I napped for a bit and then we decided to rally the troops and head to Ferndale for the Ice Festival.  We wandered around town for awhile and ended up having ice cream at Treat Dreams for lunch.  By the time we got back in the car, I was dunzo.  I hadn't been able to keep anything down at all and was a tired achy mess.  So it was back to bed for me while the gang played, hung out and enjoyed their time together.  I got up around 6:30 to do Mikayla's birthday presents and then we ended up celebrating Christmas as well.  

I managed to get up long enough this morning to put together Mikayla's special 'do you want to build a snowman' breakfast and do cake.  The kiddos headed outside for some soccer and Gary and Keith eventually headed out.  We're planning on just hanging for the rest of the day.  I am trying to keep some fluids down and avoid a trip to the ER.

But enough about me!  Today is all about celebrating the Bean!  I can't believe my baby is five!  A whole hand!  Thank you God for Mikayla and all the blessings she's brought into our lives - I can't imagine life without her!

A stop at Treat Dreams for lunch - you only live once, right?

My Bean said we needed to do a selfie

Her birthday present stash


A ballerina outfit from Grandpa Gary - which I may NEVER get off of her again

We didn't get a pic, but she got the shoes to match

Lots of coloring books






Her own legos - she was estatic

Big brother was in charge of reading all the cards



Cinderella (ignore my sick self)


What a pretty pink cardigan

And she had to change outfits...


A Michigan calendar from Uncle Keith

And a portable table tennis net


Cool clothes from Grandma Mina and Aunt Sal



Do you want to build a snowman for breakfast?

Grant getting started

Noah's first snowman

Mikayla's creation

Grant's snowman - complete with an 'ugly sweater'

Noah's second attempt

The cake - Ta Da!





Playing table tennis this morning



No comments:

Post a Comment