Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pie Eyed

When I first put the Bean in school this year I was looking forward to all the 'free' time I was going to have.  Or at least that's what I thought.  I mean, two days a week, 2 and a half hours of no kiddos - wow!  Then reality set in - I'm a mom I get no free time!  Okay, just kidding.  But it does seem like I quickly fill up those two 'free' mornings every week between MOPS, friends needing help, volunteering in the kiddos classes, etc.  Since Christmas break I don't think I've had one 'free' day.  And it's all good - I wouldn't change a minute of it.

Today was no different.  I got Thing 1 and Thing 2 off to their respective classrooms and then had the adorable Miss A while Tess was in D's class today.  Last night some of the moms from my MOPS group were mentioning they were having a hard time getting out and finding things to do with the cold, so I decided to invite them all over here for an impromptu playdate this morning!  I mean, who cares that my kids were at school, their toys were still here :-p  So my Thursday morning was full of coffee, great convo and some adorable kiddos running around.  They were all a delight and a credit to their Mama's as I am fairly certain they left my playroom cleaner and better organized than it was when they got here.  My friends rock.  Seriously.

I did finally get my twosome back today and after we made a trek through the frigid cold to get Noah from the bus (seriously, polar vortex GO AWAY!), they came home to work on their state coloring map.  I'm going to let them do the showing/explaining in pictures.  Delaware has apparently made quite the impression on my duo...

As for dinner tonight, Dad, it totally made me think of you!  I made a Chicken and Oyster Pie, combining two of the biggest culinary treats from Delaware into one dish.  As I was mixing it up I had second thoughts about the whole thing, especially dealing with Noah and the peas.  It went over better than I expected though (seafood + Mikayla = never any problems).  In all honestly, like yesterday's scrapple it's not probably something that will be gracing my table on a regular basis but it was fun to try!

We headed to the library for Musical Storytime this evening (it's been going on all month and tonight was the first time we've actually been able to catch it!) and now the kiddos are snuggled in bed and I am looking forward to the return of Grey's Anatomy tonight.  Catching up with Jen for a bit in the morning, storytime, Delaware Farm Chicken and slippery dumplings and some Peach Pie Knots tomorrow - should be a good one!  So until then...

Delaware Fun Fact of the Day: In total area Delaware ranks 49th in the nation. It contains 1,982 square miles. It is 96 miles long and varies from 9 to 35 miles in width.

My very pretty pie ready for the oven

Noah says "This is a picture of the first United States flag being flown in battle."

Mikayla says "This is the blue chickens fighting."

Beautiful!


Chicken and Oyster Pie

Marching at musical storytime

Jim Gill's updated version of "I'm a little teapot" includes "I'm a little toaster" - this is them 'popping'

No comments:

Post a Comment