Friday, February 14, 2014

Love is in the air!

Just a quick post, but lots of pictures tonight.  I'm mid Despicable Me 2 with my faves and don't want to miss any minion action ;-)

We celebrated Valentine's Day in style this morning with heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast and our gift exchange.  The kiddos and Grant spoiled me rotten, hope they feel the same way!  And I don't think I got a picture of it, but the kids made a really cute "What we Love about Dad" Valentine for Grant, got him a cover for his tablet and of course, Reese's Hearts :)  I also got him a really really cool lego book (I think last week's movie sparked his interest anew!) and the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack.  I told him he needs to take it to work with him and have a rousing chorus of the Minion Drinking song, hehehe.  I have to say that out of everything, I love the bag Noah made for me to hold all my goodies and the Super Mom mug the Bean picked out for me.

This morning the Bean and I ran to get her a swimsuit for this weekend (oh, side note, the rest of the Gatchel's are heading out tomorrow morning!  No post tomorrow as they'll have the camera (unless Grant posts from Indiana) - check back on Sunday for more Olympics and the end of Colorado week, though), drop off Grant's lunch and then we just had to make a pit stop on the way to Valentine's Day storytime at Tim Horton's for coffee and some pink Timbits :)

Tonight's Olympic event was a "White Scavenger Hunt"  I cut 6 objects out of white paper and hid them in a couple of rooms in the house.  Everyone was timed, fastest time won.  Check out the pictures and tonight's winners!

Of course my overly creative self also had a Valentine's Day themed dinner and dessert tonight.  We had Strawberry Cream Pancakes that were amazing!  You'll have to see the rest below.

Alright, back to the minions with me.  Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!  The rest of my crew is off early to meet up with Grammy Caren and Papa Tom for the weekend while Bella and I fly solo here.  We'll be back with Colorado Pie, an indoor hockey shoot out and a biathalon on Sunday!  Until then...

Colorado Fun Fact of the Day: (posting two now to make up for tomorrow!  Can't get enough Colorado fun facts!)

The Dwight Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel between Clear Creek & Summit counties is the highest auto tunnel in the world. Bored at an elevation of 11,000 feet under the Continental Divide it is 8,960 feet long and the average daily traffic exceeds 26,000 vehicles.

Katherine Lee Bates wrote “America the Beautiful” after being inspired by the view from Pikes Peak.

The kids loot :)

Heart Cinnamon rolls!

Which I then pressed in the waffle iron - the cinnamon roll eating preference around here lately

Grant got me a very cool tea pot and 2 types of tea I'm excited to try

You can't tell, but it says Mom all over it and the other side says "Super Mom makes everything better"

Noah made me this bag for all the goodies he picked out for me


Don't think I'll run out of candy options anytime soon!

Timbit pit stop!


Items for our White Scavenger Hunt

Mikayla hunting

Noah searching

Grant too

Celebrating the Bean's first gold medal!


Today's medalists

Cupid floats

Cherry Lemonade jello parfaits

Strawberry Cream Pancakes


Twinkie hearts for dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment