Saturday, December 1, 2012

Kudos for the Hubster :)

I am here in the kitchen at just after 8pm on Saturday night and my house is dead quiet.  It's actually kind of spooky.

I've had a very full day today and I arrived home a little bit ago to an empty house.  I met up with my Mom and Shell this afternoon in Toledo for a service at the funeral home for those who've lost someone this year in anticipation of the holidays.  It was very nice and I was glad to be able to go which was made possible by my very wonderful husband who has had the kiddos all day.  Because not only was I able to go to the service, but he had them earlier in the day so that I could finish off our Christmas shopping.  I am SO thankful that I didn't have to do that with Thing 1 and Thing 2 in tow.  While I had somewhat of a plan of what I was after it was nice to be able to take my time and get what I wanted.

So for today and all those other times when he is so good about spending some Daddy time with them, HUGE KUDOS to Grant.  He is a fabulous Daddy which I sometimes think he doesn't hear quite enough.  Today they got to go to Home Depot to do the Kid's Workshop and I noticed when I pulled in the driveway tonight that they hung the Christmas lights outside.  Knowing how tough it can be to corral them some days I'm impressed :) Love you, babe!

2 comments: