Sunday, December 16, 2012

Where did the weekend go??

I just looked at the clock and realized it's almost 9:30 on Sunday night.  What the heck?  Somehow I've completely 'lost' our last weekend here in Michigan before Christmas.  We head out on Friday for Illinois and won't be back from our travels 'til sometime after Christmas (date is still too be determined...), which definitely doesn't seem possible.

I know Grant posted some pictures of our fabulous day in Fremont.  We celebrated Mikayla's birthday one more (final, I hope!) time along with my brother, Scott's, who turns 18 tomorrow!  Don't even get me started on how old that makes me feel...  Prior to the celebration we made many many many cookies with Mom and Shell.  I think we should get some kind of medal for how many types of cookies we were able to churn out in the four hour window we managed to get all of us in the same place for to make cookies :-p

Yesterday morning I wasn't too sure it was even going to happen.  Grant and I were awoken to a sick Mikayla well before the crack of dawn.  Things looked kind of dismal as of about 11am yesterday morning.  But we're fortunately thinking it was something she ate that didn't agree with her as she was mostly back to her normal self last evening.  She's had no problems today and (knock wood VERY HARD) no one else is showing any similar symptoms so we're hoping that the sickness angel continues to fly past our house.  The last thing I want to even contemplate is adding a sick kiddo to the mix this week...

In spite of Mikayla's illness the rest of us had a pretty good day.  I spent a lot of time in the kitchen making some stuff for the next few days (grape soda cupcakes for Scott and Kayla's birthday = major flop!  But at least they were purple!) and I think Grant and Noah managed to wrap up their Christmas shopping.  I did use Grant as a guinea pig for a couple of the dessert recipes I'm brushing up for next weekend and even got doggie treats made for Bella to give away as Christmas gifts.  So even though it seems 'lost' I guess it was a pretty good weekend :-p

Be looking for lots of updates this week.  Noah's big Christmas event goes on Wednesday at school and we are definitely looking forward to that.  Otherwise we'll just be dealing with the sheer chaos that comes with transporting all of us to a different location for a week.  I love the Holidays ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you all on the 28th. Safe travels to IL.

    ReplyDelete