Saturday, November 8, 2014

Scouting Out Saturday

I've been looking forward to today since I saw the forecast earlier in the - chilly, damp, grey rain/snow..  No, I'm not crazy.  But there wasn't anything huge on the calendar and I was looking forward to having a chill day with the four of us with no place we had to be, or nothing we really had to do.  It was lovely!  This morning Grant and Noah headed out with the Scouts to pick up the "Scouting for Food" bags that had been distributed last week.  While they were out, Tess and A came down to hang out with the Bean and me.  I called Grant and told him to invite anyone out with them over for hot chocolate and some play time for the kiddos when they were done and I was glad that Noah's Den leader and his family joined us for awhile this morning to just hang out.  We got some lunch, the kids worked on their homework done (together!), read some books, took a nap, watched some football, went to Church and now are home feasting on a dinner of Utah Steak and Beans and watching the end of the Michigan game.  Grant and I both have been working on some odds and ends throughout the day ourselves and it's just been relaxing for all of us.  I don't think this is something I'd want (or like) all the time, but it really makes me appreciate and cherish it when we do get these kind of days.  Grant and I are looking forward to catching the MSU vs OSU game tonight (GO SPARTY!) and he's agreed to help me some on Miss Direction.  Woo hoo for progress!  Everyone is really looking forward to tomorrow and I'll be curious to see what everyone ends up choosing.  Alright, off to watch the end of the game.  More tomorrow!  So until then...

Utah Fun Fact of the Day:  The average snowfall in the mountains near Salt Lake City is 500 inches.

Utah Steak and Beans

Dinner's on!  (Amber, that is the end of the English muffin bread - they LOVE it)

Watching the game

No comments:

Post a Comment